Photos with the Scanner to digitize
Probably the simplest solution is to digitize photos using a Scanner:
- Simple flat-bed scanner for under 100 Euro. What to look for when a buying a scanner note shouldlearn in the next article
- Especially fast it works, if you are scanning multiple photos at one time and only later on the PC with an image editing program to separate.
- With a negative film Scanner you do not digitize the photos yourself, but the Negative. Models like the Rollei DF-S 100 SE film scanner get it for around 70 Euro.
- In part, this also works with a simple flat bed scanner. The Scans will be White but Black.
- An exception to this bed scanner with a through light unit flat. We have some of the Scanner with a through light unit tested for you.
Photos with the digital camera, digitizing
There is also a screenshot of possible images is simply to digitize them. For good results, the camera should shoot but to be able high-resolution images.
- The abzufotografierenden images must lie flat.
- To avoid reflections, you need to pay strict attention to the lighting. You can take pictures without a flash.
- You are using multiple light sources, shadows prevent. The light sources should not be pointed directly at the photo.
- Against Camera shake and frequent re-adjustments of a tripod helps. With us, you will find 20 photo-tripods in the Test. A Repro Arm can be used as an Alternative to the classic tripod.
Digitized photos, post-process
Depending on the quality of the photos and the scanner and the camera, the digitized images have any blemish. This can, however, easily with a Photoshop touch up. Practical features of this are:
- Manual color correction: In the menu "image" -> "corrections" find the points of "hue/saturation" and "color balance". The best setting should always be to determine by trial and error.
- Scratches and smudges: With the so-called healing brush tool, you can make them almost disappear.
- Sharpen: Select to mask "Filter" > "sharpen filter" -> "Unsharp"
- In addition to Photoshop, you can also use the Freeware GIMP for the retouching, use. The most important features for beginners we offer a separate practice tip before.
Let a professional service your photos to digitize
Meanwhile, there are also numerous providers that take on the digitization of your photos. Besides many advantages, but also disadvantages:
- You will save time and nerves: to digitize hundreds of thousands of photos can be a work of weeks.
- You will not need to purchase any equipment such as a Scanner or tripods.
- You can spare yourself the manual post-processing.
- The hook: you need to give your photos the hands to let you digitize. Therefore, you should prior to hiring a provider, always read the small print.
Your photos digitized with photo scanner from Google
The last possibility is that there is, to digitize your photos, the photo scanner App from Google.
This App for Android and iOS.
So that you can digitize in a snap quick and easy photos.
In the next practical tip we will show you how to get your scanned photos online retouch can.