Step 1: Word-document into sections divided
So you can insert page starting on page 3, you must:your document into sections divided
- Click the very end of the text on the second page. Usually, this is the table of contents.
- Select the "Layout" tab in the menu and click on "breaks" and then click "Next page".
- You may need to get the Text on the result page back to the top, delete the manually inserted paragraphs. Tip: Under "Start" you can hide with a click on the paragraph icon, all the paragraphs and breaks.
- Now click on page 3 twice in the footer, and then deactivate in the menu the Option "link to previous".
Step 2: insert page numbers
- Click back in the footer on page 3 and in the menu select "page number". Here you can choose to pay for an item and a Design of your page.
- Word inserts by default, the page number 3. If you want to start at page 1, follow the steps below.
- Click "page number" to "page number format".
- When "page numbering", select "Start at" and enter finally, the number 1 in the text box.
- Confirm with "OK". Now your Word document starts to number the pages consecutively, starting with page number 1.
Write a longer document, and the Auto-correct bothers you more than it would help them, learn how to use the auto-correction to quickly disable.