Word: Automatic table of contents insert - so it goes
In order for the house to work and save for longer documents of the time, you can insert an automatic table of contents in Word. We will show you how this works the fastest and easiest way.
Automatic table of contents in Microsoft Word
- You open Word and navigate to the tab "references".
- In the upper left corner you find the button "table of contents".
- Click with the mouse to the place you want to insert the directory and select the "Automatic directory".
- You will now only see the Heading "content". How to fill out the directory, we will show you in the next step.
Word: Automatic table of contents, Headings to use
- After you have inserted the table of contents, click on the tab "Start".
- The format of the templates you will find two default templates with the name "Heading 1 & 2"
- To transfer your existing Headings in the table of contents, select the Heading and click on the style "Heading 1".
- To the Heading to add a sub-bullet point, select "Heading 2".
- Complete, navigate to your table of contents and click on "update TOC".
- Tip: How to use the styles of the Headings, adjust can, we show you in the next tip.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
LEAVE A COMMENT