Word: write protection with password override
If you have forgotten the password, you can unlock the document easily in this way.
- To do this, open the file in Word.
- Then, click on "file > get info" > "protect document" and select restrict editing.
- On the right side you will see your permissions. Here, click on "unprotect".
- Enter the password, the document can be edited again.
Write-protection bypass - With this Trick it works
If the password is omitted for the write protection, you can work around it:
- Press the key combination [Ctrl]+ [A] to select the entire document.
- Then you will have to copy the mark with [Ctrl] + [C].
- Then open a new Word document.
- Here paste the Copied with [Ctrl] + [V].
- Now you have the same content in another document that you can edit but.
Alternative: password instead of write protection
In Word, there are in addition to the write-protection in addition to the way to protect the document with a password, which you must enter before you can open the document.
- To remove such a password, you must open the file first, however, in with said password.
- In the opened file, navigate to "file > get info" > "protect document".
- If you now click in the appearing drop-down menu, select "encrypt With password", you will see a dialog box with the current password. Remove this line and then click "OK".
- In order for the Change to be effective, you must save the document again.
- Important: if you Have forgotten the password for the file, there is no way to open the file again.