Mail merge for labels in Word - instructions
Almost all Office packages offer you the function of the merge - from Word to OpenOffice. How exactly is similar in each of the programs very much. We show the individual steps for a label mail merge on the example of Microsoft Office 2016.
- Before the merge for the labels can apply, you need some groundwork: The addresses for your mail merge you need in a Excel-database create. In the database, you need to hold continuously the relevant addresses of, for example, customers, friends or suppliers, in each case to one row.
- Each Element gets its own cell: A1 = name, A2 = name A3 = street address A4 = postcode, A5 = place.
- Make sure the database from the outset strategically to build. The skillful planning of the structure of the database, the more diverse you can use this later. Makes sense, it is similar to Mail distribution for certain groups Excel lists.
- If in doubt, create a better box, more than one to little. The offers later on, the possibility of the Excel database versatile to use. This applies to letters as well as for series labels, or for small evaluations.
- Tip: Is your database a little more extensive, is worth any of the Create a form in Excel.
Labels as a mail merge the output in Word
Labels-mail merge wizard
Labels-mail merge: Format of the label set
Labels-mail merge: data source, call
Labels-mail merge: Excel address database to select
Word provides a mail merge wizard, which will guide you easily through the process. Alternatively, you can call up the individual Steps, of course, also manually.
- To work with the mail merge wizard, first go to the tab "broadcasts".
- In the ribbon, go to the "start mail merge" and click on the namesake Icon. In the Pull-Down menu, you will see the "mail merge wizard".
- Once you have accessed the mail merge wizard, you can see the menu of the wizard on the right side of the screen. You only need to follow very conveniently for the individual steps.
- First, select the type of document. In our case, the labels.
- Then click on the "documents change layout" and then "labels" option. In the menu In the "label options", select your label type.
- After you have set up the appropriate label format, select in the next step, your data source. This is the created Excel address database. Alternatively, you can also use your Access database use.
- Now you are basically almost done. You only have to enter what data fields to your mail merge labels applied.
- Finally, arrange the data fields as you want to be printed later. If everything fits, you start the label merge.
Just as easy to use as the mail merge for labels, incidentally, is also the Create form letters in Word.