A new Wi-Fi password change, first of all via the Wi-Fi Router. To do this you go to via your Browser in the router menu. Such as, for example, with a FRITZ!Box works, read here.
Wi-Fi password on the Mac to change network settings
The Router was changed to password, it recognizes the Mac OS X from "Mountain Lion", and automatically at login for the new password. Should there be any problems and the Mac OS does not recognize the password change self-employed, you should remove the old password manually. And how it works.
- You can disable the Wi-Fi.
- Open "system settings" -> "network" and click "Wi-Fi".
- To make Changes, you must click on the lock icon in the lower left and your user-password.
- Then click "More options" and in the window, select "Preferred networks" the wifi with the password setting you want to change.
- Now click on the " Minus "button to remove this WLAN from the list, and then click [OK].
- Press to select [Apply].
Wi-Fi password on the Mac with keychain access, change
To delete the current Wi-Fi password from your Mac completely, you may also have the following setting in the keychain access needed:
- Go to the keychain access. You find them under "programs" -> "utilities".
- Select in the column on the keychains, the "System".
- Click with the right mouse button on the relevant network and select ["SSID-of-your-Wi-Fi," delete"].
- Confirm the safety query with [Delete], and then enter your password.
- Finally, click in the column "bunches of keys" right-click on "System" and select "keychain System protect".
- Now select the wifi network again and type in the password query the password changed.
What you can do if the Admin password of your Mac have forgotten, read here.