Problem: Windows Explorer always crashes
If your Windows Explorer is crashing constantly, restrict the sources of error. For our first proposal for the solution of the problem, you need a Tool, which we will show you in the following instructions:
- Download the Tool AutoRuns for Windows to download.
- The downloaded ZIP file to open it, you may need additional Software such as WinRAR.
- Open the ZIP archive and run the file named "autoruns.exe".
- Change at the top of the Tool to the tab "Explorer", here are all the necessary settings, the error how to fix it.
- Search now in the list of the categories of "HKCU\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlersandHKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers".
- You remove the categories all of the hook and then restart your Computer. Tip: turn off at the first restart only the options for which the Publisher is not Microsoft is.
- The Explorer no longer crashes, you have identified the source of the error. You can now put back in one by one the hooks, in order to make the exact evil perpetrators.
Other solution: Windows Explorer crashes constantly
The above Troubleshooting guide does not work for you, you can extend the search field. Browse the following categories:
- Follow the same procedure as in the previous paragraph. The polluter is identified, you can Google either according to the problem cue, or update the program.