The cross-sign with the keyboard
The input of the character † is only on keyboards with number pad:
- To do this, hold the [Alt] key pressed. You will find them to the left of the spacebar.
- Now press on the number block in the right-hand section of the keyboard in succession the Numbers 0, 1, 3, 4. The Alt key is hold pressed.
- Note that the number block must be enabled. This can be done with the key [Num lock] on the Number pad.
Cross signs will have to copy and paste
If you do not have a number pad on your keyboard, you can copy the icon from another location.
- The fastest way to Copy from here: †
- Alternatively, you can use the character table. Enter in start menu or start screen of Windows 8, "string table" and open the application.
- You can find in the string table all the possible special characters. Select the cross (see picture) and click on "Copy".
- Now you can insert the Symbol at the desired location.
Cross sign on a Mac
- On a Mac, the cross can be a sign with a simple key combination of insert:
- Press simultaneously the keys [Alt] and [T] to a cross to insert the Symbol.
All the instructions in this post to read.