Under Mac OS X Mavericks a smart folder to create
- Start the "Finder" on the Dock.
- Top right, click on "file" and then "New smart folder".
- In the search bar at the top right (see image) enter a certain keywords, based on which files are to be searched. If the search should focus not only on the file name, but also on the content, conventions, click after entering the keywords "Name". Now you can click in the drop-down menu to "All" or "Name" (see image).
- To specify your search further, click the Plus icon below the search line. Here you can enter additional parameters - for example, a file types.
- After configuring the search parameters, select the search line to the point of "Backing up". Here you can choose also the location and decide if the smart folder is to be displayed in the sidebar.
- If you want to make Changes to your smart folder, simply open it and tap on the search line.