"Confirmation in two steps" to enable:
If you sign in with your Google account, you normally specify your user name and your password. With the "confirmation in two steps" you will also receive a Code via SMS to your phone that you must enter during the Login process.
- Log in to your Google account and go to the "account settings": Click at the top right of your profile image, and select "account".
- Press in the left-hand menu bar on the Button "safety".
- To the right of the entry "confirmation in two steps" click on "edit" (see image gallery).
- In the next window press "start setup" to start the activation of the feature.
- Now enter your phone number. To this in the future, the Codes will be sent. Then click on "send Code".
- After a few seconds you will receive the six-digit Code via SMS. Enter this in the blue box.
- You put in the next window, check the "trust This Computer" to verify the PC for your Google account. If you should lose your phone, you can access still on your Account.
- Finally, you will need to click on the "Confirm" button. The detailed steps you can read in our pictures gallery.
What you can do if your password for your Google account and have forgotten, read this practical tip.