Under Mac OS X Mavericks, you can change the location and the name of your printer. In this practical tip we will explain to you where you enter this information and watch them anytime.
Under Mac OS X Mavericks to edit the location and name of the printer
If you have multiple printers and other devices in your network, it is useful to give a specific printer a meaningful name. So you know immediately which device is your favorite printer:
- Open the "system preferences" on the Dock.
- Click on the menu item "printer & Scanner".
- On the left-hand side, the available printers will be displayed. Here you can select the desired printer.
- Click on the right-hand side on the "options & supplies ...".
- In the next window, you will see one row for the name and location of your printer. Just enter the desired names and confirm with a click on "OK".