In Internet Explorer, there is usually no blank page as the home page, but a redirect to their own News service "MSN". How you change this setting, you will learn in this practical tip.
Blank tab as start page setting
- Go right at the top on the small Gear icon and select "Internet options".
- In the opened Options window, they remain on the tab "General". At the very top of the home page settings are to be found.
- Select "use New tab", and set below the point to "home start".
- Click on "Apply" and "OK". From now on, the Internet Explorer starts on a blank page.
Completely blank home page in Internet Explorer
You want to have the start page of your browser is completely empty, do the following:
- Follow steps 1-2 from the above section.
- Enter in the input field "about:blank" and save your settings.
These instructions apply to Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8 Pro.
How you can use Internet Explorer, change the language, you will learn in this practical tip.