Kitchen Knife Types: The Chef's Knife
The chef's knife is the kind of kitchen knife, which should not be missing in any kitchen.
- With the chef's knife you can cut almost all food.
- It is suitable both for coarser foods such as meat or vegetables, as well as for finer Work, such as the Dice of onions.
- Chef's knives are available in different lengths and price ranges. From € 20 starting, may increase the price up to several hundred Euro.
The Tourne Knife
The Tourne knife is designed for more specialized Work.
- Tournier knife has a small blade, which has a noticeable curved shape.
- Due to this curved shape, the Tourne knife is used almost exclusively to Peel.
- Tournier knives are not very expensive. The prices usually start at less than 20 euros.
The Bread Knife
The bread knife is also a special area of responsibility.
- Bread knives are very long and have a scalloped edge.
- Due to the serrated edge, the bread knife is perfectly suitable for pastry crust.
- Due to the size and of the wave-cut are the bread knife a little more expensive.
The Cheese Knife
Cheese knife is available in two versions.
- Hard cheese knife has a short and broad blade. This makes them robust and compact to slice very hard cheese
- Soft cheese knives have a long, thin blade with cutouts. As a result, the friction is reduced to soft cheese well cutting.
- The two cheese knives are often used in Sets of around 20 Euro offered.
The Office Knife
The office knife is a utility knife.
- With the paring knife, you can cut a lot of different food. It is especially suitable for smaller things, such as mushrooms or onions.
- Furthermore, you can peel it with a paring knife is also good.
- Office knife you get for around 20 euros.