Update: Sky Go not compatible with Chromecast
The end of 2018, Sky new Apps, and PC, has released applications for Sky Go. Thus, it is no longer even on other devices like the Chromecast is possible to stream Sky Go.
- The reason for the Relaunch is relatively simple. Sky want as many of the other Streaming providers also determine exactly which devices the customers will see the content.
- Access to Sky Go via the Browser was extremely practical, provided, however, for many of the gaps that allowed the Streaming on the Fire TV, Apple TV and the Chromecast.
- That's all for now. The new Sky Go App has in the Android Version is no longer on the Button to Stream via Chromecast. In the Sky Ticket App is currently still possible in isolated cases.
Sky Go to watch on Chromecast - what you need to know
Sky Go is especially handy if your Sky content on the go want to view.
- Unfortunately, it is currently not possible, however, Sky Go via Chromecast view. Just a Trick that helps here.
- Google itself has indicated that Silverlight content is not supported. This technology also uses Sky Go.
Chromecast: Sky Go works only on detours
- Download the extension Google Cast for Chrome Browser Google Chrome download and install this.
- Click in the top right of the Browser on the Chromecast icon, you can transfer the content in the Browser on the Chromecast.
- Now you have to cheat a little. In full-screen mode, Sky Go does not work unfortunately. Also, in sound, it may skip during playback.
- Press and hold the [Ctrl] key at the bottom left on the keyboard pressed and press the wheel on your mouse. So you can display the image as large as possible, without using the full-screen mode.
In a further practical tip learn, whether you have Sky Go on your Android device can use.