Mobile phone: SMS reception is not possible - you can do
- You first restart your phone and try again in the mobile radio network to dial. Make sure that you are in a place with good cell phone reception.
- In busy public places or in places where very many people at the same time, the network is overloaded under certain circumstances. So it may come about in concert halls or soccer stadiums to a delayed SMS receiving.
- Check whether you have set the numbers to a Blacklist, or calls blocked. The following applies depending on the provider, also for the SMS don't arrive, under these circumstances, sometimes you.
- You get also an Overview of the available storage space on your phone and ensure that this is in sufficient to a large extent. SMS should be stored also locally on your device because the SIM card is only space for very few messages.
- Check whether the SMS function is disturbed. If you are not able to use the phone, the SIM card is defective. Try this, in such a case, in a second device to verify the functionality.
- The other way around can in theory also be a Problem with your phone. To exclude, set test a different SIM card in your device and restart it.
- All the previously mentioned steps do not help, contact the customer service of your mobile service provider. We will call you with in separate practice tips the contact details for the Deutsche Telekom, O2, Vodafone and Base.
In the next tip we will give you valuable hints that will help you your cell phone reception improve can.