Windows 10: the settings will not open
- You have installed Windows 10 fresh, the Problem can usually quickly fix it. Microsoft has published a solution to the problem, which corrects the errors by itself.
- The error occurred only after prolonged usage of Windows 10, is often a more serious Problem. But there are solutions.
Troubleshooting: settings on Windows 10
Meanwhile, Microsoft has released an Update that fixes the error. It occurred, however, it will not help you with the Update, however.
- Download the following solution from Microsoft , download and run the file.
- Click on the "Next" Button and let the Tool look for problems.
- If the Problem persists, it is corrected automatically.
Windows 10: the settings of the Problem manually fix
The following guide has helped so far also many users. A particular file may be blocking the settings responsible for and must be deleted. However, you need to first have the necessary rights.
- Simultaneously press the keys [Windows] and [E], so that the Explorer opens.
- On the left, select the "This PC" and navigate to the path "C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel".
- Click with the right mouse button on the file "Application.Manifesto" and select "properties".
- Then, you can switch to "security", select the "user" and click on the Button "Advanced".
- A click on the "Change" Link and type in the PC name followed by "user", e.g., "TimsPC/user". The correct term you will see in step 4.
- Click on the Button "check names" and then close the window with "Apply" and "OK".
- Close all other Windows with "OK" and go back to the properties of the file.
- Switch back up to "safety" and click on the edit Button.
- You can select the user and activate below in the case of "full access", select "Allow".
- Now you can find the file "Application.manifest" delete and call up the settings.
Instructions: Windows 10 repair
Has not solved the Problem still, can still help a repair of Windows:
- Simultaneously press the keys [Windows] and [X], and select the Option "command prompt (Administrator)".
- Confirm the following query with "Yes", it opens the black CMD console.
- Enter the command "sfc /scannow" and press the [Enter] button.
- Wait until the Review is completed and start Windows again.
Instructions: Windows 10 re-install
- All this does not help, you should reinstall Windows. The mistake was in a previous Version of Windows and has not been fixed by the Updates. In the newer versions of Windows 10, the error should no longer occur.
- Your personal data will be saved during the re-Installation of Windows in the path "c:\windows.old". Nevertheless, should you previously have a Backup of your data perform. In the next practical tip we show you how to Windows 10 to factory settings to reset.