Jenkins Continuous Integration Server: explained Simply
At least then, if more work as a developer on a software project, it is confusing, if all your Changes together.
- All of the versions of the individual developers need to be adapted so that there are no incompatibilities and all parts work smoothly together.
- Thus, the incompatibilities will not be until shortly before the end of the development cycle can be seen, there is Jenkins.
- A prerequisite is that the development is already a version control system such as Git is used, and the developers add regularly to your development state.
- Jenkins will then check after every Commit, or several times a day, whether or not the Software is compiled and all the Tests.
- Otherwise, notified Jenkins, the Team of developers about a bug.
Jenkins X an extension of Jenkins
Jenkins X completes the simple Jenkins automated Build process, and a distribution in a Container Cluster.
- With the commands jx create or jx import to start a new project or import an existing project.
- Also, you will be generated automatically, a Git Repository and your application is compiled.
- After each Git Push, your program will be automatically deployed on Kubernetes.
A beginner's guide to Git can be found in a further practical tip.