Mains hum removal using Audacity
Mains hum you can in Audacity with the Notch Filter in a few steps to filter out:
- Navigate to the Audio Software via the "effects" of the "Notch Filter".
- Mains hum can be approximated by a square wave with a fundamental frequency of 50 Hz. So set initially a frequency of 50 Hz.
- The Q-factor is the slope of the Filter, which is why it is very high can set.
- Confirm with "OK" and listen to the result. You will probably have to repeat these steps even for 150 Hz, 250 Hz, ..., 950 Hz.
- The American power grid, the frequencies that you need to filter out 60 Hz, 180 Hz , 300 Hz, so 60 x (2 n + 1 ), where "n" is an integer.
As you hum with Adobe autdition remove can, we will explain in a further practical tip.