Wi-Fi safe: Secure encryption and strong password use
The first step for a secure Wi-Fi is a secure encryption and a strong password for your network:
- Login to the setup page of your router a.
- Under "Wi-Fi, or "safety" you will find the settings for your wireless network.
- As a encryption, you should select the "WPA2"Standard. This is currently the safest and most widely used encryption method. Unlike WEP, this is not crack within a short period of time.
- Also you should for your network, use a strong password set and use.
Wi-Fi make for sure: Wi-Fi, turn invisible, and change the name of the
Next, you should hide your Wi-Fi, and it is invisible for others. As a result, new devices need to know the exact name of the network and are not able to find it easily.
- You re-visit the configuration page for your Wi-Fi network.
- There is a setting similar to "Name of the radio network visible", you need to disable.
- In addition, we recommend to change the name of your wireless network from the factory setting to deviate. You select, as well as in the case of passwords, a random combination of letters, Numbers, and special characters.
- So you can connect to your network, you need to remember the exact name.
Wireless secure static IP, make:-address and MAC-Filter
As a last step, you should use your network with fixed IP addresses and the MAC Filter is switched on:
As your VOIP to make surewe show you in our next practice tip.