Eduroam download and install
Eduroam, the worldwide Education Roaming, allows you as a Student or employee of a University, access to University networks in 74 countries. So you can download the certificate and install it:
- The "Deutsche Telekom Root CA 2" Eduroam certificate you get on the Websites of all participating universities, such as University of Hamburg and University of Osnabrück.
- If that does not happen by itself, install the certificate by right-clicking on the file and select "install".
- If the certificate is successfully installed, you can for example check by following the Link.
- The "warning appears here" that the certificate was already installed as a certificate authority, the certificate is installed correctly on your PC.
- Remedy in case of problems with Eduroam the Eduroam Wiki creates maybe.
Eduroam set up
The exact setup of Eduroam is different depending on your operating system. Generally, you must make the following settings:
- Set up a network with the SSID "eduroam" and the security type "WPA2-Enterprise".
- Set the encryption type "AES" and use them as network authentication to "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)".
- The certificate, you must specify that you check the "identity of the server certificate" and a connection with the Server "radius.lrz.de" to restore.
- Select the root certificate Deutsche Telekom from "Root CA 2".
- You don't automatically use the Windows logon name and password. Instead, enter as a user name of your University or data centre ID and your associated password.
- Detailed instructions on how to set up the certificate on Windows 8 to 10 as well as Windows Mobile, Linux, Mac, Android, and Blackberry, for example, on the Website of the computing center of the University of Leipzig.