Fake: E-Mail from Amazon, could be Phishing
In the case of a Phishing attempt to give cyber-criminals in front of that you an E-Mail from a major Online service such as Amazon. In the Fake E-Mail, you want to come to your private data:
- In a Fake E-Mail from Amazon asking you, as a rule, under a pretext to a Link with your data login.
- Therefore, if you get such an e-Mail, you should not click on any Links.
- Instead, call manually in the Browser the Amazon Website. The only way you can be sure that you will be redirected to a Fake site.
- Also you can find on Amazon under "My account" > "Messege Center" all communication between Amazon and you. Here you can check whether the suspicious E-Mail is from Amazon.
User name and password have already been entered: you can do now
You suspect to have your login credentials for Amazon already accidentally into the wrong hands, is quick Action is required:
- Report immediately to Amazon and change your password. If it is not yet too late, your password, and your E-Mail address has not been changed by the Hacker.
- You also activate the Two-factor identification. Thus, you need to have your login details including your phone, to be able to log in.
- Please contact the customer service of Amazon and explain the Problem.
- Lock all the payment methods that you can use at Amazon. So think of your Bank account, your credit card and PayPal.
To other users to be able to help, you can use the Fake E-Mail from Amazon as a report Phishing - how to read in the next tip.