Portrait photography: Great pictures with the right settings
In portrait photography the person is at the centre. With the right settings, set the model perfectly in scene.
- Focal length: Choose a focal length between 50 and 100 mm. With an open aperture, you can blur the Background.
- The main subject, so the Person enters in the foreground and receives full attention.
- Sharpness: Set your camera on the eyes of the model in focus. However, you need to try a little to find the correct setting.
- The sharpness setting needs to fit the open aperture. Otherwise, it may happen that the eyes are sharp, other parts of the face, however, already in the blur area.
- Depending on the subject, are both your eyes the camera is facing. Then you choose a sharp setting, the eye closest to the camera.
The perspective of style for your Portrait
The perspective has an influence on the effect of the Portraits.
- Depending on whether the lens is above the eye level of the model or slightly below eye level, create different effects.
- Here, too, tact is required. You hold the lens too high, make you the Person you are photographing small.
- Photograph easily from below, then, gives this Person a something sublime expression, however, quickly to the Arrogant and slide can.
You want to snowflakes to photograph, you will learn in our next article, how to great photos.