It is often useful to reduce the size of the attachment in Outlook, so that you exceed the size limit of your Email server. The best tips for this purpose, we will show you in this practical tip.
Shrinking the image files as attachment in Outlook
With the following steps, you can reduce the size of pictures in Outlook, to save storage space.
- You open in Outlook 2013, a new e-mail.
- Add the Email Drag-and-Drop from Windows Explorer to the desired images.
- Click above on the tab "file".
- Under "information" select "size of large pictures when you Send the message to customize".
- The images are now automatically resized to a maximum size of 1024 x 768 pixels, the image loses in quality.
Folder out as an attachment before Sending with Outlook
A further possibility to reduce the size of the attachment is a ZIP-compressed folder is:
- Add all files you want to send in a folder.
- Right-click on the folder, you can access the context menu. To go with the mouse pointer on "Send to" and then click on the "ZIP-compressed folder".
- The compressed folder will then be created in the same directory, and you can as usual send by e-mail.