Harvey Balls in Excel
The following instructions have been carried out with Excel 2013. Under other versions of each of the options can be titled differently, or arranged.
- Open Excel and use the mouse to highlight all of the Numbers (between 0 and 1) or percentages (between 0% and 100%) that you want to convert to Harvey ball.
- Then search under the tab "Start" and the category "format templates".
- Click on the Button "Conditional formatting" and select the Option "Conditional rule" or "New rule".
- You can change the format style to "icon sets" and choose the symbol type, the "Five-quarter" (see image).
- Now you can make some personal adjustments. We recommend you read the first value for the full circle of 80 to 100 raise. The is more sense in most cases.
- Under the "type" column you can choose between "percentage" and "number", depending on the Format in which your output values.
- The Button "symbol in reverse order", that means 100&% is no longer shown as a black circle, but as a white circle. With "show icon Only", will be obscured the Figures of the Harvey Balls.
- Click on the "OK" Button, insert Harvey Balls in Excel document.
In the next practical tip we show you how to create a Excel file with a password protect.