Duplicates in Excel 2003
Duplicate entries in a long Excel lists to, it is best to use the duplicate Filter:
- Select a field from the list of duplicate entries, want to look.
- Select the Filter. You can get there via the menu: data -> Filter -> Autofilter.
- In the top cell of your list you will now find a drop-down menu. There you can select which list item to be displayed.
- There is this entry in the list multiple times, the duplicate entries. Excel shows you a list of just a result, there are no duplicates.
Duplicate entries will automatically delete
With the special filters, you free your Excel list automatically of duplicate entries:
- Select a cell in the list.
- The special filter from the menu: data -> Filter -> advanced filter.
- In the advanced filter choose "copy To" and "No duplicates". In the field "Copy to" to specify at which point in the list without duplicate entries is to be copied.