Before you can use Mac OS X, you need to install it. The Installation, this can be due to various causes. You read in this practice tip, what you can do in this case.
Mac OS X Installation hangs – what to do?
- Before you begin the Installation, you should make sure that you have at least 4GB of RAM and 10GB of free hard disk space.
- If you are installing from the DVD or CD, you should make sure the DVD has no scratches or dirt.
- It comes to problems here, we will show you how you can with Mac a bootable USB-Stick create can.
- To check whether the hard disk has a Defect, press and hold the command key + [R] after the Start, pressed, and then select "disk utility".
- There you will have the option to repair the disk and check for errors.
- Alternatively, you can format the hard disk again, unless you have already made a Backup.
- In some cases, it may help if you remove all the devices that you have connected to the PC. This is especially true for USB devices and the LAN cable connected.
All versions of Mac OS X we have in the next practical tip for you.