User accounts hide under Mac OS X
To user not to display in the Login Screen of your Mac, you need to work with the program "Terminal". If you have only one account, you should note that this will not be displayed in the Login Screen.
Mac: user account-hide at login
- Type in the Spotlight search at the top right next to the clock via clicking on the magnifying glass icon the term "Terminal".
- Now select the first hit.
- A user will no longer display the account in the login window, enter the following command. Replace "ACCOUNTNAME" with the name of the stash account: sudo dscl ends . create /Users/ACCOUNTNAME IsHidden 1
- After a restart of your Mac, the user will not be displayed in the account in the login screen.
- If you want to display the user account in the login window, enter in the schedule the following command: sudo dscl . create /Users/ACCOUNTNAME IsHidden 0
In a further practical tip we show you how to on Mac OS X, an Account name change.