Name of hard drives on the Mac
To renaming there are different ways that work equally quickly and easily.
- Connect the drive to your Mac and open the Finder.
- The memory is displayed on the left under "devices".
- You make a right click on the hard drive and select the Option "rename ..." (see image).
- Type the new name in the text field and press "Enter".
- Mac OS X renames the hard disk after a few moments.
Mac OS X: hard drive information menu, rename
In some cases, the Option to Rename is not displayed immediately. Here, proceed as follows:
- You can also right-click on the icon of the plate.
- Select "Information".
- Go to the menu "Name & Suffix". Here you can type in a new name.
- By closing the information window, the Changes are applied.
As you are on Mac external hard drive format, we show in the next tip.