iPhone & iPad: Mac via a VPN connection to remote control
Alternatively, your Mac can also be used over a VPN-Tool with a matching App for remote control. To do this, you need to prepare the Mac for the VPN access:
- Click on the top left in the menu bar on the Apple icon and select the "system settings".
- Under the category of "shares", you will find on the left of the "screen sharing". You enable this Option.
- Then set a password for access. Only in this way, your Computer remains protected.
- Now all you need is a suitable App. For this purpose, suitable, inter alia, the VNC Viewer as well as Mocha VNC.
- You can use the VNC Viewer, tap the top right Plus Button and enter the IP address of your Mac. You can then make the connection.
- Note: you Know your IP address, you will find a suitable guide.
In the next practical tip we will show you how you WhatsApp on the Mac.