Maladaptive daydreaming briefly explained
What is the syndrome of Maladaptive daydreaming is, we want to first of all explain briefly.
- Maladaptiv is a technical term for "non-conformist".
- This is not to ordinary daydreaming, where you can indulge in short-beautiful thoughts, or something intensely superior.
- In maladaptivem daydreaming, you are beyond obsessive reality. Consciously or unconsciously, and often for hours on end.
- By the Disappearance in a dream world a reality of its own for the Daydreams, in which he focuses so strongly that he can hardly perceive something of the real environment.
- In this case, the syndrome of Maladaptive daydreaming usually occurs with other disorders or diseases.
Causes of addiction-like Fantasizing
Due to what factors, causes, or events, maladaptive daydreaming is not yet proven completely scientifically, however, could deliver the studies a few observations.
- A study showed that people who tend to maladaptivem daydreaming, were in the past in psychological care due to Depression, suicidal behavior, post traumatic disorder, an anxiety condition or an attention or hyperactivity disorder.
- In addition, tend to be Affected at the same time to compulsive disorders such as an exaggerated need for Hygiene, order, need, or other control constraints.
- Often the maladaptive daydreaming begins already in Childhood. Triggered by a Trauma.
Symptoms in obsessive-compulsive retreat into dream worlds
What are the signs you will be liable in the case of forced daydreaming would have, we will show you now.
- During the day you can sink into again and again for long periods of time in their thought worlds. This can be a negative or a beautiful ideas.
- Usually you know that your Thinking is nonsensical, however they have little effect on the Wandering of your thoughts and can't do anything about it.
- Often, you confuse your dream world with reality, and insist on the reality of your imagination.
- Also during conversations, the thoughts may drift speed, so that the tagträum can't remember the end in mind what has been said by the Other.
- Also, it comes to the Neglect of social contacts, activities or needs, as is often pulled for hours in the dream world.
In the next post we want to explain to you, what is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist is.