WhatsApp vs. Line battle the Messenger
Line is one of the biggest competitor of WhatsApp. The Japanese Messenger is widely used, especially in Asia and now has over 400 million users.
- Functionality: WhatsApp and Line support to both the common features of a messenger. News, images, Videos, locations, and contact data easy to your friends, or in group Chats send. Line also offers free Audio and Video calls, a Facebook-like Timeline to Post events, as well as a private Pay service.
- Operation: Who already uses one of the two Messenger, will also immediately understand the other. The two Apps are quite similar.
- Security: In terms of safety, both services don't take much. Both WhatsApp and Line are because of their lack of, or rather barely existing encryption in the criticism. WhatsApp has announced that for 2015 the Integration of a secure end-to-end encryption.
- Platforms: Both Messenger for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, as well as available in the Browser. Line additionally works on Tablets and Wi-Fi devices without a SIM card, as well as some of the Smartwatches. Advantage of this Line secures mainly by the alternative of registering by Facebook Login.
- Cost: Line is in its basic features completely free of charge. Among other things, you can expand the selection of available stickers for a fee. WhatsApp annual fee of 89 cents. Only iPhone users who have bought WhatsApp before the middle of 2013, using the App for free for life.
In the next practical tip we show you how WhatsApp compared to Threema beats.