Texts on the iPad to dictate
- For example, open a new note in the "notes"App, below to the left of the space bar is a microphone icon.
- Tap the icon to launch the voice recognition. This recognizes each word with a short delay. About the "Finished" Button you can stop the dictation.
- If a word is not recognized correctly, you can repair it manually. Make sure it has a clear pronunciation. The microphone should not be by your Hand or other objects covered.
- You will not find the microphone on the keyboard, open the "settings"App. Under the category "General" > "keyboard" below the Option "use the dictation function enable".
Helpful commands for Dictation on the iPad
- A space is easy with the command "space" to use. In the next line with "New line". About "New paragraph" press the Enter key twice.
- Set of characters that you can pronounce easily. The iPad understands the commands, dot, comma, question mark and exclamation mark. The command for the Minus or dash is "dash" or "Minus sign".
iPad: The right voice commands for special characters
- € – Euro symbol
- @ – "Y" or spider monkey
- & – Ampersand
- * – Asterisk
- "– Quote at the beginning of
- "– End of quote
- # – Number sign
In the next practical tip we will show you the five best tips for the iOS voice recognition.