iMessage vs WhatsApp - duel of the Messenger
In the case of WhatsApp is a stand-alone Messenger App. iMessage is integrated in the messages App under iOS. This App brings together Voicemail, text messages and the Messenger iMessage.
- Functionality: WhatsApp sent mainly news, pictures, Videos, and locations and offers group chats. can iMessage also, albeit in a much schlichterem Design.
- Operation: In the working way between WhatsApp and iMessage hardly any differences. Most of the Messenger are built according to this principle.
- Security In iMessage, the messages are encrypted and sent via the Apple servers. In the case of WhatsApp was the safety of often been criticized, as in the Test of Stiftung Warentest. For 2015, have a safe end to is, however, planned-to-end encryption.
- Platforms: WhatsApp is available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Nokia, and Browser available. iMessage runs only on iOS and on the Mac.
- Cost: if you Have used WhatsApp before mid-2013, iOS, is the service life-time free of charge. Otherwise, you pay an annual fee of 89 cents. iMessage is completely free of charge.
Conclusion: iMessage vs WhatsApp - who will win?
- iMessage is particularly suitable for users of iPad and iPod touch. Thus, you can reach your contacts for free via Wi-Fi. WhatsApp is only available on devices with an installed SIM card.
- Your contacts but do not have the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, they also come with iMessage not far. iMessage works only on iOS. Alternative messengers like Threema work on all operating systems.
- iMessage is limited to a slim Messenger. Pure Profilbider and a Status you can only find in WhatsApp.
In the next practical tip we will show you ausfürhlich how WhatsApp compared to Threema beats.