Step 1: run DVD to Computer transfer
Before the DVD can be copied to the iPad, it must be transferred to the Computer:
- Download the free program Freemake Video Converter and install it.
- Select the "user definiterte Installation" and remove the tick in front of the additional.
- The Installation is completed and the program started, insert the DVD into the drive.
- Click on the Button "+DVD" and select the path to the DVD. Hiding behind the "Computer". You have selected the DVD, click "OK" and wait a Moment until the program has read it.
- The DVD contains multiple titles, it will detect the program automatically. By default, only a hook is set before the movie. Additional content, such as advertising, opening credits and Bonus Material you can add optional. Then click "OK".
- The Film will then be loaded into the program. Click below on the Button "to MP4", it opens a new window. Here you can determine the quality of the film and the location. The higher the quality, the larger the file.
- Then click the "Convert" Button, it will transfer the DVD to your Computer. Depending on the selected quality, it can take up to an hour.
Step 2: DVD to iPad copy
The process is completed, the DVD as a Video file on your Computer. You can transfer via iTunes on the iPad:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPad via a USB cable to the Computer.
- Press simultaneously the keys "Ctrl" + "O", a small window opens. You are here navigate to the path where the Video file is saved and open it.
- The DVD will now be imported into iTunes. Do not switch on the top left of the heading "music" to "movies", if you will, are still there (see picture).
- Here you have an Overview of all Videos and films that were imported into iTunes. Are you looking for your DVD, drag them with the mouse in the upper-right corner on the iPad-Button and release the mouse button.
- The DVD is now transferred to your iPad. Via the Videos App, you can watch the DVD on your iPad.
- In our Video practice tip you can follow through all the steps again.
Practice tip applies to Windows with iTunes 11 and the "Freemake Video Converter 4". Where you can get a Flash Player for your iPad to receive read in this article.