How often to wash towels - Solid Laundry day
Even if it sounds old-fashioned, with a fixed Laundry day, you can avoid that, you use your bedding for a long time.
- While you sleep, collect in your bedding, sweat, skin scales, dirt and possibly also traces of Make-up.
- This mixture provides an ideal breeding ground for a variety of small creatures. These include, for example, bugs, mites, bacteria and fungi.
- Therefore, the following applies: Wash your bedding at least every two weeks.
- If you are allergic, you should change your bed linen weekly and wash. The same applies if you sweat during the night or sleep naked.
Bed linen washing: you should be aware of
When you Wash your bed linen to the Laundry labels. To avoid that the textile fibres are damaged by a hot Wash.
- Rule of thumb: Wash your bedding as hot as it allowed the laundering label. From a temperature of 60 °C, you can be sure that germs and bacteria survive the wash.
- Cotton bed linen may usually be up to a temperature of 60 °C washed. Pure white cotton covers can even be up to 95 °C washed.
- Micro-fiber bed linen is usually washable at 60 °C. Bedding made from Satin may, as a rule, only at 40 °C in the washing machine. Silk, however, only a maximum of 30 °C.
- Tip: Give with the bed covers, not at 60 °C washable, a hygienic fabric softener for Laundry, add. This disinfects the Laundry without hot water.
- You use for bedding made of cotton, the washing machine program "cooking Laundry". All other materials should be washed with a gentle cycle.
- Many washing machines are equipped with a private program for silk. If your machine does not offer such a program, you can instead use a program.
Not only in your bed-linen dirt and sweat accumulate. Also mattresses are not spared. You will learn why in the next article, how to make your mattress clean yourself can.