Trypophobie - Definition and symptoms
- The term Trypophobie is made up of the Greek words "trypa" for hole and "phobos" for fear.
- Under Trypophobie is the fear of an accumulation of irregularly arranged holes, dents or dings.
- A recognized medical diagnosis Trypophobie is not. Nevertheless, many people suffer from the fear of holes.
- Anxiety triggers can be honeycomb, Lotus flowers, sponges, or pumice stone. Even the sight of air chocolate, or even strongly enlarged pores in human skin, can cause Affected massive difficulties.
- The symptoms are the each phobia: Depending on the severity, ranging from uncomfortable, goose bumps, sweating, and itching to heart palpitations, Nausea, and dizziness. In the case of a strong Trypophobie it can lead to shortness of breath to a full-blown panic attack.
Where does the fear of holes?
Could not clarify the science, the cause for the fear of holes. There are three approaches to explain the origin of fear:
- An evolutionary Background is suspected. Holes in fruits or wounds often indicate a worm or parasite infestation. The brain is associated in this case, the holes with danger. Disgust and revulsion are from an evolutionary point of view, the self-protection.
- In irregular holes, you can also detect similarities with Patterns in the case of poisonous plants and animals. The eye perceives when looking at holes in a Light-Dark contrast. The are also found on the skin of poisonous toads, Octopus, and king cobras to. Here, too, the fear would be explained evolutionarily.
- The third explanatory approach of approaching the mathematics. After that, the brain is overworked by the geometric patterns created by the irregular arrangement of the holes. This has an increased oxygen requirement, resulting in discomfort.
The fear of holes is sick?
- The various explanatory approaches show that it is in disgust or discomfort at the sight of holes is a natural reaction.
- You are, therefore, at the sight of holes, not very well, there is no reason to feel sick.
- Should you expire but, in a panic, if you see a sponge or air chocolate, you should seek professional help.
You can use your fear of defeat. Tips and Tricks you can find in a separate article.