Coffee filters - various size designations
The company Melitta was the pioneer of a coffee filter, and also introduced the first size designations.
- Basically, there are 1x, three different variations of the indication of size: "...", only a single number or the 100-series.
- The most common size is "1 x 4", some manufacturers even only with a "4". These filter bags are suitable for coffee machines, the eight to ten cups of coffee to brew.
- Rare size "1 x 2" for machinery for a period of six to eight cups of coffee. In addition, there are the variables "1 x 6 and 1 x 10".
- You've probably seen already once bags with the size of the 100 series. These are actually for hand filter thought.
- With the size 100, you can brew two cups of coffee. For porcelain filter, to brew three to four cups, choose the size of 101.
- The filter bag size 102 corresponds approximately to the designation "1 x 4".
- By the way: Is the Filter too big for your machine or your porcelain filter, this is not a Problem: in order to fold just the edges once, and make the paper filter is thus suitable.
- The Filter is too small for use, to fold it quickly and the coffee grounds can get into your coffee.