Cinnamon blends as a substitute for cardamom
If you have cinnamon in the house, you can in combination with other spices, cardamom is quite easy to replace.
- Ginger and cinnamon: A teaspoon of cardamom replace them with a mixture of ginger and cinnamon. To do this, you need half a teaspoon of these spices. Mix the products well and give the food.
- Nutmeg and cinnamon: this combination is a good cardamom substitute. Here is the same mixture ratio. Per half a teaspoon of nutmeg and cinnamon to replace a teaspoon of cardamom.
- Clove and cinnamon: Mix a half a teaspoon of cloves and cinnamon, spice your dish as well as a teaspoon of cardamom.
Allspice as an Alternative to the spice
Cardamom can also be used as follows to replace:
- Season it with allspice instead of cardamom, this spice tastes very close.
- The spice has a much stronger taste. For this reason, you should halve the quantity. Instead of a teaspoon of cardamom , use only half a teaspoon of allspice.