What is the meaning of "Desktop PC"?
The term has been around since the year 1965, at that time still known as the "table computer".
- "Desktop" comes from the English word "Desk" and translates as "Desk".
- The word "Top" also comes from English and means "surface" or "upper side".
- So is the concept put together so much as a "Desk calculator".
Use of Desktop PCs
While more and more Laptops in the private-market mix are Desktop PCs used mostly in the commercial sector.
- Offices in large companies mostly use a Desktop PC.
- Crucial in these computers is that they are not directly on the Desk or workplace.
Differences to other PC types
The Desktop PC decides to other traditional PC-types in two clear points:
- Desktop PCs are fixed and stealing more difficult, such as Laptops. So a decisive advantage in companies or schools.
- Laptops come ready to work, while Desktop computers require a lot of additional Hardware, such as the mouse, keyboard and Monitor.
Similar to a Desktop PC, but nevertheless, some of the other is an All-in-One PC. What it is, you will learn in the next tip.