Broken surround loudspeaker replacement get
In General, you should replace a defective bead. In the Internet you can find numerous providers for speaker parts. In order for the surround to fit but also, you need to consider a few things.
- The size alone is not decisive. The beading also needs to match your loudspeaker model.
- There are beads made of foam and rubber. The latter have a slightly longer lifespan. In General, you should choose the Material that was previously used in your speakers.
Speaker surround repair - how it works
You have found the right bead, you can get started.
- First loosen the screws on the speaker to the chassis.
- Next, remove the trim ring.
- Now you can remove the beading. Scrape off the bead remains carefully from the speaker Chassis. For this purpose, a sharp carpet knife is best.
- Even after a thorough Scraping off glue remnants are surely present. You remove these with petrol and a brush.
- Also from the diaphragm, you need to scrape off the beading remains.
- Everything is clean, coat the membrane edge with glue. Let the glue a bit to dry, before you go any further.
- Now place the bead on the diaphragm edge and center bead. Fix it then with brackets.
- Turn to conclude, the beading between the brackets to the top and brush the top of the Chassis with glue.
- The adhesive needs about an hour to dry out.
There are other reasons why speakers do not sound clean. Crackling speakers , for example, read in a further practical tip on what to do can.