SD-card to the movies: What is the class and speed do I need?
- SD cards are in classes from 2 to 10 arranged. Cards of class 2 with a speed of at least 2 MB/s, class 10 cards with at least 10 MB/s.
- Since some years, there are also the Standards, UHS-I and UHS-II Read speed remains at a minimum of 10 MB/s, read up to 104 or 312 MB/s. Such maps are especially suitable for 4K recording.
- Of course, the higher the Write speed the following applies in principle: the better. However, the price increases at the same time.
- In the manual of your camera, refer to the minimum Write speed. The SD card should reach this value at least and, if possible, exceed them. After some time recording, the Write may decrease speed slightly.
SD-card to the movies: How much memory do I need?
- Also the memory a little money can save: filming you for a very long time, but not in one piece, are two smaller SD cards may be cheaper than one with twice as much memory.
- Depending on the camera, 16 GB of memory is sufficient for approximately one hour of Film Material. In the case of higher or lower quality, these values can be far exceeded.
In the next practical tip we show you how to create a SD-card in case of emergency repair.