How do I start FritzBox via PC? So, you call the surface
The FritzBox can be reached by its host name, or directly via the IP address:
- You call in the Browser on the PC connected with the LAN to the FritzBox, the address "fritz.box" on.
- The Login menu does not appear, as seen in the Screenshot, can you try it using the IP address that you enter in the Browser. This is the case of most models, "192.168.178.1".
- The Login appeared area, log in with your password.
- If problems occur, we provide you with a more detailed article about how to your FritzBox-surface call.
FritzBox via the Browser restart
After you have logged in, you just have to find the right sub-menu. The menus of all the current models are not identical in structure, the expert mode is necessary.
- Navigate in the left menu to Überpunkt "System" (see Screenshot).
- Now click in the sub menu "backup" on the tab "boot"
- There you will find the button "restart", you need to click on, so that the Router performs a Reboot. The process takes about two minutes. Do not pull the power plug, please, while the Box starts.
In a further practical tip we tell you how to make your FritzBox password change can.