DECT - what does it mean?
DECT stands for Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications.
- This is a Standard in the telecommunications world.
- The Standard allows phones via radio can be wirelessly - connected to the telephone network.
- Especially relevant for cordless phones.
- From a technical point of view, it is in the case of DECT a mobile radio system, which consists of one or more base stations. Here, the base station provides the connection between the telephone and an Internet connection and the mobile.
- The base stations are part of each have a cordless mobile.
Some of the Numbers around DECT
DECT has existed since 1993.
- DECT has in buildings a range of about 30 to 50 meters.
- Outdoor Transmission range up to 300 meters may include.
- In Europe has been defined for DECT in the frequency range 1880 - 1900 MHz.
- In this frequency band 10 carrier frequencies are used in channel spacing 1728kHz.
Tip: We compare for you the best Cordless ISDN phones.