1. SDHC Problem: the card reader does not recognize SD card
SD card is not the same as SD-card. Unlike many may think, there are differences in the memory cards: The classic SD-card has a storage capacity of 2 MByte up to 2 GByte.
- 4 GB is the SD-card SDHC. These have storage capacities of up to 32 GB. Thereafter, the SDXC cards that can store 64 GB up to 2 TB of come.
- If you are using an older card reader, it may be that this device supports the newer SDHC Format, and therefore can not detect.
2. Device problem: driver for card reader needed
Another reason why the SD card is not recognized, it can also be the card reader drivers are. Depending on the device, it may need a driver, you can usually download from the manufacturer's website.
- If there is a Problem with the device driver exists, you can use the device Manager to check.
- To do this, open system steuernug > Hardware and Sound, as a sub-item from the devices and printers, the "device Manager". The driver is installed correctly, this is the card reader.
3. SD-card and reboot your Computer
Often a restart of the computer can solve the Problem of the detection. You can to your SD card or card reader with SD card plugged in and restart your computer.
4. Card reader defective? So you figure it out
As a last resort, the reader may be defective. Before you dispose of it but, you should check whether it is really up to your card reader.
- To do this, you can connect the card reader to another Computer and check if the SD card is detected.
- To be on the safe side, you should try may be a third Computer or a different cable to test - perhaps there is a cable break in the USB cable.
It is not on the card reader, you can try your SD card to repair.