Steam deal - That you need to know
Basically, you can also play on the PC and Steam completely out of the way. However, you do not need to have to pass on many games as this without Steam.
- Many games use Steam as their copy protection. To start to be able to, it is imperative that the Steam Client installed on your PC. Also, you need to associate the game with your user account. A legal way to handle this Steam is not there.
- You buy a game directly in the Online Steam store, you can be sure that you must install to Play with the Steam Client.
- Even if you buy a game in another Online store, it may be that this needs to be activated on Steam. If you do not want this, you should make sure that appropriate warnings on the Shop page.
- Even many retail purchased games require Steam. If a game must be activated on Steam, you can read on the packaging.
- You want to Steam deal, you can go to the distribution platforms Origin, uPlay or GOG Dodge. There purchased games to run without Steam, but (of GOG apart) its own Client Software. However, on all three platforms significantly less games than Steam.
You should interfere only to the permanent connection to the Steam network, you can launch most Steam games in Offline mode. How to do this, we will show you in our next practice tip.