PS4 Controller connect via USB to the Mac
The easiest way, the PS4 Controller to your Mac is via Micro-USB:
- Connect the Controller via the USB cable to the Mac.
- OS X detects the device automatically. The LED Lightbar on the Controller lights up. A further configuration is not necessary.
So you connect the PS4 Controller via Bluetooth with Mac OS X
It interferes with the USB cable, connect the Controller via Bluetooth with the Mac. The PS4 Controller uses the Standard Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR specification, and is thus, with Macs built after 2008 is compatible.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the Mac. You can enable it in "system settings" under "Bluetooth".
- Press the SHARE and PS button on the Controller at the same time until the light bar is flashing white. The Controller is now in Paring mode.
- The PS4 Controller should now be in the Bluetooth list of the Macs display device. Click on "Connect", the light bar on the Controller to flash and you can play your Games on the Mac with the PS4 Controller.
The use of a PS3 controller on a PC requires more effort. Also for this purpose, you will find a manual.