Arcania and Gothic series
Many years ago, a German Single-Player role-playing game, developed by JoWood and Piranha Bytes was created. This game is called Gothic was a huge success and had two successors. Now increased by Piranha Bytes and JoWood went with the famous Studio Spellbound continues the series with Arcania: Gothic 4 to expand.
- The Gothic series had ultimately suffered from the many mistakes, so that Gothic 3 was to big and too error-prone.
- Gothic has always lived by the living world, of the interaction, a day-night rhythm, and the many Easter Eggs and Gimmicks.
- While Piranha Bytes were able to transfer these virtues in the new series, "Risen," remained Arcania the virtues of loyalty.
- The claim is high and the error, unfortunately, numerous. Add to that the game world is much steered. While you could run in Gothic and Risen adrift for a long time, this is in Arcania is not possible.
- In the design of the Arcania world is criticized by Fans that the world is too large and to explore it a little.
- The world is nicely designed, but stumbling blocks such as low walls, over which they cannot jump or invisible barriers, in which they hang.
- Positive however is that you no longer have to search for trainers and their skills, spells and weapon skills in the game develop further.