Willow flower: Popular with humans and the bee
Who does not know you? The fluffy grey kitten, who shoots before the Leaves on the willows hanging branches.
- In General, it is the velvety inflorescences of Sal-Weide (Salix caprea), grey willow (Salix cinerea) or Mature willow (Salix daphnoides).
- Each willow tree bears only male or only female flowers. After the Flourish you recognize vessels on the male catkins of yellow dust. The female kitten wearing a unobtrusive green colour.
- Popular the pastures are kittens, not only in humans but also in bees and other insects. The animals flies in the true sense of the word, on the in full bloom kitten willow. Its nectar is an important food source for bees and other insects.
- The bees fly to first, the yellow, male catkins. Only after you have sated on nectar, it is – with the male Pollen in the baggage on to the female catkins. Thus, pollination is secured.
- In most German länder, therefore, it is not allowed in the wild kittens branches for the Vase cut. The so-called jewelry brushwood should you prefer to buy in the flower shop.
The willow tree in the Overview
- Willow species: In Europe, there are 30 to 40 species of Willow. The best-known and most beautiful in Germany, is one of the weeping willow with its long, hanging Branches.
- Features: The willow occurs as a shrub or as a up to 20 meters high tree.
- Location: willows prefer moist locations. Therefore, you can find the trees or shrubs mainly in rivers, Shores or floodplain forests. In the Alpine pastures occur on scree and rocky lawn.
The pasture and hay fever
In the spring it is blooming everywhere, and trees and shrubs send their Pollen into the air. Classic allergens, trees, birch, or hazelnut. However, as the pasture does it look like?
- Pastures have a gentle Allergy.
- You often leading to allergies, because they are insektenblütig. That means: Only a few Pollen flying in the air. Locally it can, however, lead to higher pollen amounts. Note: willow branches indoors can be quite a hay fever trigger.
- Pastures are in bloom from early February until the end of June. The main season is from mid-March until the beginning of may.
- It is also cross-reactions within the various species of Willow and poplar pollen are possible.
- Pharmaceutically, the pasture is used in the Other preparations from willow bark to help in mild, febrile common cold diseases, pain, inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system. But: The pharmaceutical products may only in adults and not in children be applied.