Mugwort Pollen is among one of the strongest allergens
Mugwort is not entirely unknown. It's a year-to-thousands of popular spice herb stick above all things the heart is, indigestible dishes, there is a positive flavor Note. However, mugwort make-Pollen many hay fever-Allergy free Breathe heavily.
- The good news: mugwort-Pollen fly in Central Europe mostly only in the summer through the air. The main load period begins in July and ends in September. Depending on the climatic conditions in the first mugwort of cases are in bloom-plants as early as may.
- The bad news is that The herbaceous Plant is widely. It does not grow long, only in spice gardens. You will find they are often unkempt wastelands, on the way - and roadsides, as well as on the banks of streams and rivers.
- If you react to mugwort Pollen, you can only speculate, if not a firm diagnosis by an allergist. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with such a suspicion of a doctor.
- From the doctor you will also get appropriate therapy opportunities identified. In addition to the steer clear of the allergens (also the cross of all the genes described below are), it also includes the the intake of antihistamines.
Cross-allergenicity with mugwort-participation
Since mugwort divides, so to speak, as the "mother of all herbs" in common with a number of other plants, is the Problem of cross-Allergy is also very important. This means, once you have an Allergy to mugwort, there are very likely problems with other plants or spices. You could be from the so-called celery-carrot-herbs-spice-syndrome affected.
- The celery-carrot-herbs-spice-syndrome, symptoms especially when eating. Because certain protein structures of individual plants or parts of plants resemble the body reacts to all of these food-resistant and starts his allergic mechanisms of defense.
- You feel for those with food-related cross-allergies usually right after eating a tingling or Burning sensation in the mouth or throat. Sometimes lip, tongue or the oral mucosa can swell.
- The list of possible Cross-allergens is a long one. Affected spices and herbs such as anise, Basil, Chili, Curry, Dill, ginger, coriander, garlic, cumin, thyme, marjoram, Oregano, Paprika, parsley, pepper, mustard and cinnamon can be.
- Caution should be used in the following plant foods prevail: carrot, celery, artichokes, tomatoes, potatoes. Also fruit such as Apples, melons, lychees, mangoes, and Kiwis could make a difference.
- It is important, however: do not get mad, and you don't see in every grocery risk. It may be that they tolerate Much yet. Please clarify these questions in the case of suspicion with your allergist.
- You can also Pollen mugwort Allergy symptoms to Pollen of dandelion and chamomile develop.
- The averaging while the most dreaded cross-Allergy is, in the meantime, however, the one on the weed Ambrosia. Due to the strong spread of this arable weed in Europe, it is a growing Problem.