That's why there are zones
Just people working a lot of travel or international, you must always keep time zones in mind. Some may feel that the different periods of the world, perhaps as a confusing and annoying, however, there is the time zone for a reason.
- The reason for the existence of time zones, the sun is.
- Since, every day continuously from East to West, for example, the noon sun at each location at a different time. In the East earlier in the West later.
- Without time zones, it would be, for example, in Munich the stroke of midnight, while it would be in Stuttgart, and only approx. at 23:40. This difference is perhaps not large, but he would extend towards the East and the West in the different direction.
- So not in every place, a different time, was introduced to the coordinated universal time (UTC).
- As a starting point of the so-called zero Meridian, which is located in Greenwich (London) is used. From there, the earth is divided into 24 time zones of 15 degrees longitude wide.
- Thus, the displacement for each time zone is about 1 hour plus or minus.
- In the East it is later, West earlier.